Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ravi to play Gabbar in Bhojpuri Sholay

The star of Bhojpuri films Ravi Kishen says he has come out of Sony TV's reality show Bigg Boss looking lean and sexy. He has acquired this new look to play Gabbar Singh in soap queen Ekta Kapoor's version of Sholay.
"I've lost 10 kg in the Bigg Boss house to play Gabbar. My Bhojpuri belly is gone. Now I'm lean and sexy. People find me hot. This is a villain like never before," Ravi told IANS.
In the film Ravi plays an ex-soldier who becomes an outlaw.
"Jeetendra-ji is Thakur. I'm aware Amitabh Bachchan is also playing Gabbar. But to compare me with him is wrong. Bachchan saab is god. My film is Gabbar's story," Ravi told IANS.
"We're shooting it in Bihar in the same flavour as Omkara. We'll have the same characters as the original Sholay and the same dialogues. But this Gabbar has nothing to do with Amjad Khan saab or Bachchan saab. Gabbar is the hero of our version of Sholay."
Ravi says he is suffering from a three-month jetlag and has eyes only for his wife.
"I don't want to lose sight of her even for a second. Inside that Bigg Boss house, it was like living in a five-star prison. You couldn't go out and escape. If you did, you had to pay a huge penalty. We had signed a 12-page contract."
After Bigg Boss Ravi's popularity has gone up. He says he's being mobbed in the malls.
"God has turned me into a role model. My wife has also become a star. She can't get a good deal in the shops. They think she can afford to pay up any price."

No comments:

Post a Comment