Sunday, June 22, 2008

India’s first crorepatni - Prajyoti Samal



Meet Prajyoti Samal from Bhuvaneshwar who remarks that she is quite literally from many places in India! She is the first woman to win a crore on a reality show on Indian television that too in SRK's Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain.

Born in Bhuvaneshwar, Pragjyoti has studied under many South Indian teachers, works in a software firm in Kolkata and has auditioned for Paanchvi Pass from Bhopal.

Her diverse background has helped her learn many languages which she uses in her everyday conversations and now her family and friends are quite used to it.

Pragjyoti, who is single, was one of the zillions of contestants who'd SMS to the question that flashed on the screens to gain entry to Paachvi Pass. "All contestants had to appear for a test on the phone, followed by a written test as well as camera audition rounds."

The contestant has not yet decided what she will do with the prize. The cheque will be hers after the episode airs. "It has yet to sink in… maybe after the telecast it will. As they say: I will cross the bridge when I come to it."

Samal is a big SRK fan now.

While talking to press she told, "Initially, I was nervous. But when I met him, he made me very comfortable. I felt he was a friend, who I'd met weeks ago. I never felt that I was meeting the Badshah of Bollywood. Now, I am a big fan of him and respect him even more".

We hear that Shah Rukh Khan's game show may go off air as early as by the end of July. In TRP terms the game show was never good enough for King Khan. Its TRP never went beyond 4.

Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More

No comments:

Post a Comment